Hello 14th Street Students and Families!
We hope you have had a great summer, and we are excited to see you back for the start of another great school year. Below is a list of commonly asked back to school questions that may be helpful for students and families. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact our office at (207) 941-6350.
- Monday, August 29, 2022 from 4:30pm-5:30pm
- This is a pop in open house format that will give students and families a chance to see their classroom and meet their teacher.
First Day of School
- Thursday, September 1, 2022.
PreK School Hours
- PreK Begins at 8:30 and ends at 11:30. PreK students will enter and exit the classroom through Mrs. Griffin’s classroom door.
K-3 School Hours
- K-3 Students may arrive on campus between 8:40 a.m. and 8:55 a.m.
- Supervision of students begins at 8:40 a.m.
- Students will enter the school at 8:55 a.m. If the weather dictates otherwise students will enter the building at 8:40 a.m. The school day concludes at 2:55 p.m.
- The office staff is available to take phone calls from 8:00 a.m. — 4:00 p.m. The school phone number is (207) 941-6350
- Please download the Bangor App to receive push notifications about school information and updates. Information about the use of the Bangor App will be in the informational packet that your child will bring home on the first day of school as well as the BSD website.
- Please visit our website for school information and updates.
- Supplies are provided but if would like to you are welcome to bring your own pencils or pens.
- Backpacks, lunch boxes, and water bottles are good items to have.
- If anyone needs assistance with items please contact us.
Clubs and Activities
- We plan to begin After-school activities sometime in the first quarter and more information will be forth coming.
- Please check the school website for bus routes or call Cyr Bus at (207) 942-3354.
- Breakfast is available beginning at 8:40 a.m. Breakfast is available to all students.
- Hot lunch is available to all students.
- Please fill out the school lunch form in the first day packet.
- Students are welcome to bring lunch from home. Please let the office know if your child has any allergies to certain foods.
Water Bottles & Cell Phones
- Students should bring a water bottle to school daily. There are multiple water bottle filling stations in the building for students to use.
- If your child has a cell phone, we ask they remain off and in their bags during the school day. Students who need to call home during the day may use the student phone in the office.
Medications & Immunizations
- If you have questions about medications or immunizations, please reach out to Mrs. Erika Wing, School Nurse, at (207) 941-6350 or firstname.lastname@example.org